Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT)- 2 yrs Diploma (CMAI) & 4 yrs Degree (IGNOU) Course
Pushpagiri Hospital started DMLT Course in 1982. Degree course of IGNOU & Diploma course of CMAI started in 2009. No separate admission for Degree & Diploma.
The objective of this programme is to develop manpower for health sector by providing them the necessary knowledge and skill to ensure the quality services in the remote areas of our country. This is an innovative, need-based and relevant training programme meant to create employment opportunities.
Medical Laboratory Technology is a basic and important tool in the diagnosis/study of the various diseases for appropriate monitoring and treatment. The knowledge in the field of Heamtology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Clinical Pathology, Parasitology, blood bank, Histopathology and cytology is of utmost important for any skilled technician. Therefore, in the rapidly growing area of scientific knowledge and skills, laboratory science is an important area of study for Medical Laboratory Technicians.
10,+2 its equivalent with science subject (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) with minimum 45% marks.
10,+2 with Medical Laboratory Technology (Vocational background) with minimum 45% marks.
- Minimum: 4 years- Maximum: 6 years
Fees (IGNOU) :
This programme aims at providing comprehensive knowledge of structure, function and pathological changes of the organs, the basis for understanding the clinical co-relation of diseases and the pathological basis for the disease presentation.
After going through this programme the students shall be able to:
- Comprehend the normal disposition, clinically relevant interrelationship, functional anatomy and physiological process in the body in relation to pathological process in the body in relation to pathological basis for the diseases.
- Identify the microscopic structure and correlate the findings with the diseases of the various structures of organs and tissues of the body.
- Correlate the structure with illustrations as a requisite for understanding the altered state in various, disease processes especially with respect to pathology and microbial infections and infestations.
| Basics of Laboratory Equipment, Human Anatomy, Physiology and Basic Chemistry |
| Basic haematology |
| Blood banking and immuno haematology |
| Clinical Pathology (Body fluids) and Parasitology |
| Clinical biochemistry |
| Microbiology |
| Immunology |
| Histopathology and Cytology |
| 3rd year
| Applied Histopathology and Cytology |
| Applied Haematology |
| Applied Serology, Microbiology and Immunology |
| Organization, Lab Management & applied Biochemistry |
Automation of Laboratory Services
| Quality control and standardization, Total quality management, computers in laboratory |
| Micro teaching seminars & Project and Six months Training including: |
- 1 Month – Clinical Biochemistry
- 1 Month –Hematology
- 1 Month – Clinical Pathology
- 1 Month – Microbiology
- 1 Month – Histopathology, Museum preparation
- 15 days – Blood banking and transfusion medicine
- 15 days – Laboratory organization
- Reporting of Investigations
- Reports and Record maintenance